Yulai, Genesis – Substantially increased tax and broker fees are to be levied on interstellar market transactions by the Secure Commerce Commission, following today's passage in the CONCORD Assembly of the "New Eden Defense Fund Act YC121" (NEDFA).
Above: SCC poster promoting New Eden Defense Fund Act
While the core empires supported the New Eden Defense Fund Act's goals, they were keen to arrive at a means of raising the funds that would spread the load across the New Eden economy and focused on interstellar trade taxes as a means to achieve this. Welcoming the passage of the NEDFA legislation, the DED's Star Marshal Kjersidur Elladall was again keen to emphasize that funding for capsuleer loyalty programs and improved training will be maintained due to the contributions to New Eden's defense of capsuleer fighters.
Capsuleer efforts in the struggle against the Triglavians have been acknowledged with preferential tax and brokerage levels made possible through skilled accounting and the continuing benefit of collecting broker fees when operating Upwell structures. Improvements to the SCC tax code will allow efficient accounting and brokerage negotiations to gain improved savings relative to the increased base tax and fess. However, minimum tax and brokerage fees will still be above levels currently achievable through skilled accountancy and good relations with market operators.
Capsuleer news services have been extensively reporting on the Triglavian invasion and other emergent threats, and the ARC Studios-broadcast show The Discourse has reported on the New Eden Defense Fund Act and consequent tax measures.
The Scope understands that the SCC will run market stability simulations imminently and plans to implement the new tax and brokerage fee regime within days.
In Other News
- "Sundsele Six" Handed Back to Sebiestor Tribe as Jurisdiction in Case Affirmed by Tribal Council
- Lai Dai Corporation Accuses Quafe of Hiring PMCs on Intaki V and "Interference in Caldari Corporate Sovereignty"
- Ishukone Corporation in Talks with Mordu's Legion, Hyasyoda, Wiyrkomi and Quafe Over Intaki V Crisis
- Gallente Senate Issues Formal Protest to CEP Over "Breach of Agreement to Protect Intaki Assembly Sovereignty"
- Amarr Privy Council Meeting Commences as Empress Catiz I Welcomes Royal Heirs to Imperial Palace
- Claims that Drifters and Rogues Drones Have Clashed in Drone Regions; Reports Unconfirmed
- Leaked RJD Case File: Krullefor Organization and Seykal Clan "Control Majority of Smuggling in Molden Heath"